Home > About Us > Our History
SJC began as a private school in 1938 in a rented house in Flower Road. At that time, there were 21 pupils and a staff comprising one nun of the Order of the Holy Infant Jesus and two teachers. In 1951, SJC moved to Hillside Drive. Primary classes were phased out in the sixties and by 1975, SJC became a purely secondary school. For years, SJC girls were known to be formidable opponents in netball, with many ex students still retaining their skills, as seen whenever we hold friendly matches with our ex students.
In 2000, the school moved to its current site in Seng Kang and produced her first top National "N" Level student. Two years later, in 2002, SJC achieved the top 10 Value-Added School for Normal and Express stream and the Top 10 School for Physical Fitness Tests and Fitness Index. The school at Seng Kang East way was officially opened by RAdm (NS) Teo Chee Hean, Minister for Education and Second Minister for Defence in 2003.
SJC is blessed to have our own chapel and a Heritage Room. In addition, we were amongst the first schools in Singapore to introduce the home room system in 2001, with teachers owning classrooms which they can prepare as learning centres to provide differentiated learning for their students.
In 2008, as part of the school's 70th anniversary celebrations, SJC staged a drama performance, and held the inaugural golf tournament.