Family Matters @ School
FamilyMatters@School is a school-based programme that offers parents and students easy access to family life education (FLE) programmes and resources.
Started in 2002, the programme seeks to:
a) Equip parents with the skills and knowledge to:
- Enrich and strengthen their family life; and
- Foster better parent-child understanding and relationship;
b) Equip students with:
- Skills to build healthy relationships with their peers and family; and
- Positive values and attitudes towards family, relationships and life in general
Under the FamilyMatters@School programme, the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) provides evidence-based parenting programmes* to further enhance parent–child relationships. CHIJ SJC is one of the schools onboard this programme, in partnership with Methodist Welfare Services and MSF.
Triple P: Positive Parenting Programme (under FamilyMatters@School)
- To improve parental skills, knowledge and confidence as well as the quality of parent-child relationships.
- It aims to prevent behavioural, emotional, skills and developmental problems in children.
The following video gives a quick introduction to the Positive Parenting Programme, Triple P in short, which is the evidence-based parenting programme MSF is offering Sec 1 & 2 parents.
MSF Promotional video introducing Triple P
Information for Levels 2 – 4 Triple P
- Triple P Level 2: 3 X 2 hour seminars spread over the course of the year, for parents who are generally coping well but have some concerns with their children’s behaviour.
- Secondary Seminar Topics:
- Power of Positive Parenting,
- Raising Responsible Teenagers,
- Raising Competent Teenagers
- Triple P (Level 3): Delivered as brief face-to-face intervention with a trained Triple P service provider. Approximately four individual consultations of up to 45 minutes.
For more information, please click on the links below:
2. Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P)