- To develop students into effectively bilingual individuals who value and appreciate their own cultures, where they can connect with people from different cultures, traditions, and languages.
- By honing students’ ability in aural, oral, reading, writing skills in their MT language as well as developing students' appreciation of their own tradition and culture through formal and informal curriculum.
- By creating a vibrant academic environment that supports the acquisition of Mother Tongue languages in a fun and engaging manner whereby students acquire the functional and creative use of Mother Tongue languages.
- Oral Presentation Skills Programme
- Blended Learning
- Reading Programme (Dudu Online, zbComma & Berita Harian)
- Spring Festival Celebrations (such as Spring Classroom, Performance, and various inter-class competitions)
- Mother Tongue Fortnight (such as The Voice of SJC, Language & Cultural Camps)
- Chinese/ Malay Arts Appreciation Programme
- MT CoOL Programme -- Learning CL from Celebrities
- Talent Development
- National MT language Competitions & programmes (XinKongXia Lyrics Writing, Create Your Own Newspaper, Pena Emas Writing, Zaobao School Correspondent, Text Recital and Pen Calligraphy)