- acquire skills in using a variety of computer application software and hardware to accomplish tasks and communicate ideas;
- appreciate the ethical, legal and security issues relating to the use of computers and ICT in society;
- recognise the impact of ICT on society and people; and
- develop basic computational thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Key pedagogical approach includes
- students learning through doing where they design and create computational artefacts, generate solutions to tasks/ problems and examine computer programmes
- students learning through solving authentic problems by using the Stop-Think-Act-Review approach
- Building responsibility in our students using the Responsibility Instructional Approach to develop our students as self-directed and collaborative learners.
Sec 1 – 4 CPA lessons are designed with the Computing Curriculum Framework in mind.
During the Sec 1- 4 programme, students will learn more about the following computer application softwares:
The use of gamification as a pedagogy helps to promote active learning and promote student motivation.
Students learning CPA through games on Blooket and Kahoot.
Animation and Game Making (AGM) Competition 2022
- Christina Paul, Sec 3A attained Platinum Award for the Game category.
- Makayla Lavanya Mckenzie, Sec 2A attained Gold Award for the Animation category.