To develop our students to be independent and creative learners who possess an awareness and appreciation of art and music in varied forms.
Aesthetics – Music
- To provide meaningful and authentic music learning experiences that nurture students’ musicianship and appreciation for music.
- To develop creative expressions through individual and collaborative music making.
Using the E-C-A Approach, our students learn music through:
- Experiential music-making activities
- Exposure to musical Concepts
- Application of music concepts through creative music projects
Figure 2: Primary and Lower Secondary Music Framework
The lower secondary music curriculum explores an array of genres of music through Listening, Performing and Creating.
The music lessons are designed to provide students a platform for music exploration and creative music making in the following programmes:
- Instrumental skills
- Composing and arranging using Music Technology
- Opportunities to attend music events to develop music appreciation
- Ensemble music making
- Performance opportunities to demonstrate understanding of musical concepts / skills