Table Tennis is a sport that requires dexterity and focus. The speed, spin and placement of the ball are crucial in table tennis. Due to the fast-paced, short-distance nature of the sport, a player is required to have quick reflexes and good hand-eye coordination.
In SJC, the training sessions are designed to develop mental acuity in students. Students undergo rigorous training on their serves, strokes and footwork to stimulate mental alertness, concentration and tactical strategy.
- To develop self-disciplined, resilient and confident individuals.
- To inculcate in players the core values of excellence, teamwork and sportsmanship.
- National School Games – North Zone Table Tennis Championships (C and B Division Girls)
- Invitational inter-school competitions organized by other schools
- External competitions or Age-Group competitions organized by external organizations; e.g. Singapore Table Tennis Association
- Annual training camps