St. Joseph's Convent Alumnae (SJCA) was registered in March 1973 by a group of past students including the late Miss Angela Wee.
The objectives of the Alumnae are to:
1) foster a spirit of friendship and mutual cooperation among its members,
2) preserve the love of the Alma Mater,
3) cooperate with St. Joseph's Convent and render whatever assistance as may, from time to time, be required for the advancement of the school, and
4) promote social, cultural and intellectual activities.
Presently, the Alumnae consists of 3 types of membership.
- Ordinary and Life memberships are open to past pupils of the school. Persons currently attending any schools, including universities, polytechnics and Ngee Ann Technical College, are not eligible.
- Honorary membership may be bestowed upon any person who is currently the principal or a member of the teaching staff of the Alma Mater who is nominated by the Executive Committee for election at the Annual General Meeting, provided that such nomination is clearly stated in the notice calling the Annual General Meeting.
- An Honorary member does not have any vote, hold office or have any say in the management of the Association.
Its Council is made up of:
- 1ST VICE PRESIDENT
- 2ND VICE PRESIDENT
- HONORARY SECRETARY
- ASST. HON. SECRETARY
- HONORARY TREASURER
- 4 COMMITTEE MEMBERS