Calling for NOMINEES for 2017 EDUSAVE CHARACTER AWARD (ECHA)
The Ministry of Education introduced the Edusave Character Award (ECHA) in 2012 to recognise students who demonstrate exemplary character and outstanding personal qualities through their behaviour and actions. This is part of the larger goal to foster an inclusive and stronger Singapore, as we broaden qualities and achievements to be encouraged and applauded.
The objectives of the Edusave Character Award are:
- To send a clear and strong signal of the importance that MOE places on character and values, on par with achievements in the academic domain; and
- To recognise outstanding students in each school who are exemplary in character, and who can be role models to inspire others.
1. The nominee is a Singapore citizen.
2. The nominee is a role model in her conduct (Conduct Grade of Very Good or Excellent) and attitude.
3. The nomination process is open to all students, staff, stakeholders and partners (coaches, bookshop vendors etc).
4. Students may be nominated regardless of their academic results provided that their weak academic results are not due to negative character traits but are attributed to difficulties that are beyond the control of the student.
5. The nominee has demonstrated clearly and consistently, aspects of the following (LIFE4):
(i) Love – God, Country, School, Teachers, Parents, Friends and Self
(ii) Integrity –Truth & Justice
(iii) Freedom – Respect and Responsibility
(iv) Engaged and Empowered Learner (a self-directed learner who works on improving her learning)
(v) Effective Leader (able to motivate and support others to work towards a common goal)
(vi) Eloquent Individual with Strong Ethics (uses her eloquence to promote social justice or values)
6. The nomination must state clear evidence of how the nominee has demonstrated the school values and outcomes in LIFE4 and how she is a role model for others.
If you wish to nominate a deserving student for this award, please pick up the nomination form from the General Office or download it here.
All nomination forms must be returned to the General Office by 18 August 2017, 5pm. Nominees will have to go through a shortlisting and subsequently an interview round. If you should have any queries, please contact Mrs Maria Tan at 64897580.
We look forward to your nominations.